There are numerous solutions when it comes to backup and recovery. Each solution also has its merits and demerits. One of the popular data recovery and backup methods is the bare metal backup.
About Bare Metal Backup
Bare metal involves backing up the entire data in a system. The data comprises programs, drivers, the Operating System (OS), and information structure. Most backup and recovery software focus’s on file backup. With bare metal backups you get everything.
There are numerous advantages associated with the bare metal data recovery and backup solution. Although this is a traditional backup solution, it has proven to be effective.
About Bare Metal Recovery
All the backed-up data is recovered, including the drivers, settings, and the Operating System (OS). One of the main merits of this recovery solution is that it guarantees safety and good speed.
There is no need only to restore certain pieces of data. Everything that was backed up will be restored. You won’t also have to install different programs and drivers from scratch.
The easiness comes about since you won’t need to spare some time to set up the computer afresh with different software. The recovery process is also simple.
We have also mentioned that this solution guarantees safety. If the system had been infected with ransomware or a virus initially, you could get rid of everything that brought about the infection during the restoration process. You can start by checking the backdoors and infected files during the restoration process.
The Bare Metal Data Recovery Process
During the data restoration process, you need a USB flash drive that is bootable. The backup should be stored in the flash drive. Alternatively, you need an ISO image file. The system should be in a position to recognize the image and start the data recovery process.
You should follow the following steps:
1. Plug in the USB flash drive and ensure it has the ISO image file for the data restoration process to take place.
2. In the first screen, you’ll have to choose the installation language, input method, and time format.
3. The usual system installation will be differentiated in the next screen. Before you click on the “install now” button, there is the need to look for the option that says “Repair your computer”.
4. In the next window, you’ll be prompted to choose between the system image that has been selected automatically, or you can choose one manually.
5. You can now see the system that you want to restore. You’ll click on “finish” and initiate the process. After the recovery process is complete, the computer will reboot itself, and you can resume your normal operations.
Besides learning about the bare metal backup process, you have also learned more about the steps to take during the data recovery process. The main advantage of this data recovery and restoration technique is that you can skip setting drivers and software back up after.
Technician at Computer PRO Unltd, father of one, gamer.