The Best Media Players
Last Updated on April 6, 2021 by Travis Kipp
As days go by, more media players are introduced to the world. Most of this software supports unique formats like MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MKV, and MPEG-4. for a player to be effective, it must be user-friendly and can support a variety of formats. Below is a handpicked list of the best media player on the market for 2021. The list contains a combination of open-source (free) and paid/commercial video and audio players.
Premium software capable of playing 8k, 4k, and Ultra HD videos without crashing or buffering. Once installed on your devices, you can access all music, videos, and photos seamlessly across multiple devices and continue watching where you left.
- Users can download movies and Tv shows to watch later
- It is compatible with PC, TV, phones, and casting devices.
- Allows sharing of content with family and friends.
- Makes it easy to access your content anywhere anytime
Hands down this is one of the best software we have around. It is open-source and available for Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS platforms. This tool plays most multimedia files. With the capability of playing 360-degree videos that have an 8k resolution.
- The tool easily plays video and audio files from discs, webcams, and live streams.
- Supports an array of formats like MPEG-4, WebM, MKV, and many others.
- No spyware, ads, or tracking.
- This tool can decode video at a very fast rate.
- The software is compatible with smartphones, tablets, PC and other digital gadgets
- During streaming, VLC offers video filtration capabilities.
- Screenshot capture.
Are you looking for an online platform to watch your favorite TV shows and movies? Then Plex is the software for you. It offers users the chance to stream over 110 channels covering sports, news, and other content. At your leisure are over 20000 movies for you to watch especially during this pandemic.
- Watch your movies across multiple devices such as Phone and PC
- Users can stream seamlessly over 100 TV channels and over 20000 movies
- Free live TV
This software is used for entertainment such as watching movies and video library management. Users can add an unlimited number of videos from their computers. This saves time because you don’t need to create a playlist each time you want to get entertained, unlike other software.
- This tool can play videos that are downloaded from Vimeo, YouTube, and other entertainment platforms.
- Capability of playing video wirelessly via AirPlay protocol.
- Handles Ultra High Definition Clips with ease and no buffers.
- Supports hardware acceleration.
- Users can stream MP4, 3GP, and MKV videos
It’s an open-source tool capable of playing videos in FLV, SWF, WMV, MKV, MP4, and many other formats. Other than that Elmedia supports languages like French, Italian, and English. It can be used to connect streams using DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) devices.
- Users can manipulate the speed of a movie while watching.
- Capable of playing videos frame by frame.
- Users can stream online videos from YouTube and other entertainment platforms.
- Elmedia has various choices on how you want its skin to appear.
- Users can compile a playlist and stream it on a TV.
- You can bookmark several scenes of a movie.
It’s an open-source software best known for both online and offline streaming. Kodi can play almost all the video formats. It works well across devices where you can stream movies music and TV shows seamlessly for free
- Users have the freedom to customize skins.
- Helps to organize your gallery so you have an easy time finding your content.
- Users can synch the Kodi with smart TV
Supports a wide range of file formats including MKV, MPG, FLV, AVI, and others. GOM is open-source software that can play 360 videos. These are videos where every direction is captured. The software comes with a feature that finds and sync subtitle as you watch the movie
- Capable of playing Ultra High Definition videos seamlessly.
- Users can import unlimited videos and create a playlist with no struggles.
- This tool supports screencast. This is where users can connect a PC to a Projector and play numerous videos.
- Comes with a user-friendly design where one can change the skin for a better appearance.
It is well known for letting users organize their videos making the tool very reliable. Like other entertainment tools, MediaMonkey has the ability to extend functionality using the help of various plugins.
- Provides a function where users can record and download clips and podcasts.
- Easily sync with MediaMonkey for Android and other platforms over Wi-Fi network. This makes it easy to listen to music and watch movies across multiple devices.
- Plays videos seamlessly from CDs, a network, or a hard disk.
- It is a cross-platform tool compatible with Windows, iOS, and Android.
It is among the first of its kind to free HEVC playback. It is optimized to play formats like MP4, DivX, MKV, and AVI which are among the most popular formats out there. DivX can be used to stream videos on DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance).
- The library helps you keep track of all videos on your device
- Users can create a playlist. Other than that you can loop your playlist with a touch of a button.
- Keeps track of both free and purchased videos.
- Has a feature that allows its users to jump straight to a specific scene of multiple clips.
- High-Efficiency Video Coding playback.
Hi, My name is Josh Giesing. I am the Operations Manager at Computer PRO Unltd. In my free time, I enjoy reading and have a passion for learning.